Sunday, November 13, 2011

Red Ribbon

   November is AIDS awareness month. My school held a design competition which students made a garment out of red ribbon in honor of AIDS awareness. I decided to participate even though I am not an advanced sewer...yet. Selected garments will be displayed during a Gallery event at my school for World AIDS Day.

    I will find out soon if my garment made it into the display. The quality of my garment is for sure that of a beginner but I wanted to give it a try and participate!




 I made a hair accessory to go with my garments. I covered a plain black headband with red fabric. Then I made and sewed a giant bow on top and added tulle. 




Everything is made from scratch. I used all red ribbon except the skirt has a black fabric base underneath. I did not use a pattern, I draped everything on the dress form. 



















4 comments:

John B. Marine said...

If your garment DOESN'T make it, it would be a terrible shame. The very first picture is cute with your cute face and sweet smile. You look absolutely lovely. Marvelous, Mackenzie!

johnbmarine.blogspot.com

Le garçon avec les lunettes, said...

love job...great!!!

ReignLilee said...

I love the concept & that headband is to die for!

Mackenzie said...

Thank you all!